Skip to content
- When visiting Belisama’s wear good boots boots offering adequate ankle support and outdoor clothing appropriate for the prevailing weather. You’ll probably get muddy so don’t wear your best frock.
- Plan to be completely self-sufficient during your stay. Bring food, brew kit, plenty of water, a mug and spoon. A small personal first aid kit is mandatory as is a bin bag is so you can take your litter away with you!
- Self-sufficiency is critical on overnight stays. You will need a sleeping bag, basha, hammock & tarp or, tent. Bear in mind that flat ground is at a premium and is usually muddy. There is nothing to say that a dry shelter will be available during your stay. Some method of heating water and food is essential. If you are confident you can light a fire, bring the means to do so. If you are not, then bring a small camping stove.
- If you take regular medication, make sure to bring adequate supplies.
- The path down to the river is steep so pack carefully and leave out the kitchen sink as anything you carry in; you will be carrying out again. “Pack it in; pack it out”!